- This event has passed.
Foster Care and Adoption Information Meeting Oct. 10 for Prospective Foster Parents
October 10, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
We welcome prospective parents the second Monday of each month (7 – 8:30 p.m.).
If the second Monday is a federal holiday,we meet on the third Monday.
Who are these children?
There are children in Fairfax County who . . .
- Have their worlds turned upside down
- Need a safe haven during difficult times
- Need a foster home due to abuse or neglect
- Range in age from infant to 18
- Come from diverse backgrounds
- Have experienced devastating losses of family and identity
- They search for a sense of belonging
- Have their confidence and feelings of self-worth shattered
- Are frightened and alone.
Get to know some of the wonderful children available for adoption through the Department of Family Services.
What do they need?
- Foster and adoptive parents
- Stable, nurturing homes
- Someone in their corner
- To learn to trust again
- Day-to-day guidance
- Support from loving adults.
What is the Foster Care and Adoption Program?
Today, over 200 Fairfax County children are in foster care. The Foster Care and Adoption Program offers placements for these children and services to help their families. When a child cannot return home safely, we seek adoption or other permanent placement.
Public Service Announcement – Hispanic Foster Families (English version)