Do you drive through Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride trying to get to the eastbound Dulles Toll Road?
You may be frustrated with some construction that began last week, but we need your help to ensure the safety of everyone using the park and ride area.
Here’s the deal:
- As construction of the Silver Line continues at a rapid pace, there will be delays, closures and other temporary inconveniences all along the corridor from Reston to Loudoun County.
- One temporary closure that began May 6 at the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride location is causing a safety issue – and we need drivers to comply with the rules during construction.
- See the map below, but the west car lane of the bus traffic loop was closed for construction of the future Herndon Silver Line Metrorail station and will remain closed until further notice.
- Buses will continue to use the dedicated bus lane; drivers, do NOT use this lane.
- To access the Dulles Toll Road:
- Exit the park & ride and turn left onto Sunrise Valley Drive
- Then turn left onto the Fairfax County Parkway
- Take the exits to either the eastbound or westbound Dulles Toll Road
“This is a temporary disruption to accommodate Silver Line Phase 2 utility work, and we are asking commuters to avoid accessing the eastbound Dulles Toll Road from the Herndon-Monroe bus lane,” says Nick Perfili, Fairfax Connector section chief. “Vehicle traffic in the bus lane is a safety issue while construction is underway, and patience and understanding are appreciated. Additional eastbound Dulles Toll Road access is available at the Fairfax County Parkway or Centreville Road.”