One of the our busiest library branches will be back in business – and looking better than ever – when Pohick Regional Library reopens on Jan. 7. Located at 6450 Sydenstricker Road in Burke, the library building has been undergoing an extensive renovation since September 2015.
The $7.1 million renovation was funded primarily through the 2012 bond referendum.
Everyone is invited to the ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday, Jan. 7, at 10:30 a.m. Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova and Springfield District Supervisor Pat Herrity will attend. There will be special activities for all age groups, as well as refreshments and music.
Watch this video to get a sneak peek of the inside of the renovated library:
New and improved features of the 24,500 square-foot building include:
- Separate teen center with computers
- Comfortable and bright new children’s section
- More than 100,000 books and items can be easily found on our new shelving units
- Enclosed group and quiet study areas
- Wifi station with comfortable seating
- Green building technology and features