It is time to vote again in Virginia. On June 13, Fairfax County will hold primary elections for Democratic and Republican party candidates for governor and lieutenant governor, as well as Democratic candidates for the Virginia House of Delegates in the 42nd and 67th delegate districts. The November general election will held on Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Absentee voting for the primary elections begins Friday, April 28.
Make sure you are prepared to vote with this checklist:
When was the last time you checked your voter registration status? Have you moved, married or changed your name? Check now to ensure you are able to vote in the 2017 elections. The deadline to update your voter registration or to register to vote for the June 13 primaries is Monday, May 22. Important Note: We do not register to vote by party in Virginia.
- Location: Fairfax County Government Center, Conference Rooms 2/3
- Dates: April 28 – June 10
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursdays 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays (April 29, June 3 and June 10) 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- On June 10 there are nine satellite voting locations available for in-person absentee voting from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The state permits nearly 20 valid reasons why you may be eligible to absentee vote; look over this list and see if you qualify:
There are several ways for you to be an informed Fairfax County voter and get news and updates from the Office of Elections:
- Subscribe to Fairfax Alerts. Check the box for Office of Elections and indicate how you would like to receive news and updates and on what devices.
- Follow @fairfaxvotes and @fairfaxcounty on Twitter.
- Go online to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections
- Email email@example.com
- Call 703-222-0776 (TTY 711)
- Visit the Virginia Department of Elections website.
If you are interested in being part of the election process, please consider becoming a poll worker (we call them election officers). We need thousands of poll workers to work in our 243 voting precincts – support our democracy, meet new people and get paid, too!