Almost 1,000 county residents responded to our request for input on the county’s budget and priorities through our Lines of Business survey that was publicly available earlier this year.
You told us what you liked, didn’t like and provided a lot of ideas. The survey resulted in 1,000+ comments on these topics:
- County Governance
- County Operations
- Courts and Judicial Administration
- Housing Services
- Information Access and Technology
- Physical and Mental Health
- Public Safety
- Public Works and Infrastructure
- Recreation and Community Services
- Social Services
The Lines of Business review also provided a treasure trove of county facts and figures, and provided some insight into operations. To give you an idea, here are seven facts we pulled from the presentations. There are many, many more, so take a look.
- 8,527 consumer case inquiries received
- 3,412 miles of sewer lines 8 inches to 72 inches in diameter
- 23,911 visits to the Government Center information desk
- 19,233 zoning permits reviewed and issued
- 4.8 million in-person library branch visits
- 9,353 tax relief applications processed
- 793,252 student visits to Fairfax County Public Schools health rooms; school nurse to student ratio is 1 : 3,276
Our budget process is yearlong. The best way to be engaged in the process is to be informed. Here’s how:
- Fairfax Alerts – Check the box for County Government Budget News and Updates. Then indicate how you would like to receive news and updates and on what devices.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Check our web page