All Fairfax County Park Authority parks are open; some facilities and amenities may be limited in order to remain in compliance with current COVID-19 safety guidance. FCPA asks that all visitors follow proper social distancing and safety protocols. FCPA is operating under Virginia Phase III guidelines.
FCPA is currently offering virtual programs, as well as site-based programs with social distancing, masks and other recommended COVID-19 safety protocols. In addition to traditional registered programs available through Parktakes, “by request” programs may be requested to meet the specific needs of your family:
- Parktakes - Registered programs are available through Parktakes. Please note that some previously published programs may now be canceled or adjusted to comply with changing safety guidance. For questions about programs, contact FCPA’s registration unit at 703-222-4664.
- Programs by Request - Customized “by request” programs are available on-site or in virtual format. Programs are adapted to meet the needs of your family or small bubble.
Please note that those who choose to visit our parks and facilities MUST continue to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Visitors ages two and older must wear face coverings indoors; when outdoors, wear a mask when social distancing cannot be maintained and when exercise and intensity allows.
- Avoid congregating in groups
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between others not in your family
- Avoid touching shared surfaces
- Wash hands frequently
- Follow posted facility guidelines for your safety and that of our staff
All equipment and touchable surfaces at indoor facilities will be regularly disinfected throughout the day. Outdoor surfaces (playgrounds, benches, etc.) are not regularly disinfected. Users should use outdoor facilities at their own discretion.
Your health and safety are our top priority. As the COVID-19 situation continues, the status of FCPA facilities will be continuously re-evaluated. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in contributing to the health and wellbeing of our entire community.
For general information on COVID-19, please see the CDC web site.
For information on Governor Northam’s executive actions related to COVID-19 click here.