The Water Mine will go to the dogs this September with a season-ending event benefitting the Fairfax County Animal Shelter and Fairfax County Park Foundation. Dogs and dog lovers are invited to join us on Sunday, September 9, 2018 when The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole at Lake Fairfax Park will open for dogs-only swimming from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m, Dogs can swim in Rattlesnake River and splash in the playground area for a suggested donation of $10 per dog. The event will also serve as a collection site for dog food donations for the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
This year’s end-of-season hoopla will once again feature a canine resource fair. Two-legged and four-legged visitors can visit pet vendors, obtain/renew dog licenses, learn about Park Authority dog parks and or find out how to volunteer as a dog park monitor. A low-cost rabies clinic will be available in Lake Fairfax Park’s Main Office from 12-2 p.m. Pets may receive 1-year rabies vaccinations for $15 each (cash or check only).
For the safety of the dogs and owners, please observe the following rules at Dog Daze:
- All dogs must be current on vaccinations.
- All dog handlers must be 18 years or older and supervise dogs at all times.
- No female dogs in heat or puppies younger than three months old.
- Aggressive or unruly dogs are not permitted.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs; please bring your own bags.
- Dogs swim at owners’ risk.
- Humans are not permitted in the pool.
- Food and treats are not permitted in the pool area.
Dog Daze is presented by the Fairfax County Park Authority in partnership with Hunter Mill District Supervisor Cathy Hudgins, the Fairfax County Animal Shelter and Fairfax County Park Foundation, with support from Weber’s Pet Store.
To learn about becoming a vendor at the canine resource fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole at Lake Fairfax is located at 1400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston, Va. For more information, visit The Water Mine or call 703-324-8662.