While Park Authority RECenters are temporarily closed, you can stay active and reduce stress by exercising at home.
Try “Everyday Tai Chi” or choose from four “Everyday Yoga” classes. They can be livestreamed on Channel 16 television at the air times listed below or viewed online by clicking on the links.
“Everyday Yoga: Movement for Life” is a series of four half-hour demonstration programs brought to you from Park Authority sites and Senior Centers all around Fairfax County. Our four instructors have special experience teaching yoga to mature adults and provide viewers with daily routines to build energy, strength, flexibility and balance. Class members represent a wide variety of abilities and show seated modifications for all exercises. Programs become progressively more challenging throughout the week – from Level 1 through 4. Each program begins with a breathing exercise to increase lung capacity and improve posture and ends with meditation to reduce stress and increase awareness in the body.
- Everyday Tai Chi (Airs Sundays at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Mondays at 7 a.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.)
- Everyday Yoga: Movement for Life – Level 1 (Mondays at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. )
- Everyday Yoga: Movement for Life – Level 2 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 8 a.m.
- Everyday Yoga: Level 3 (Thursdays at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.)
- Everyday Yoga: Level 4 (Fridays at 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. )