Hispanic Heritage Month will be celebrated this September. In honor of this occasion, Fairfax County Park Authority Rec Centers are featuring Zumba classes. Each Zumba class is designed to bring people together. During class, you can expect a mix of low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Zumba has often been called exercise in disguise. It’s a total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy, and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
You can join the party at your local Rec Centers during the following:
- Providence Rec Center – Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022 at 6 p.m.
- Audrey Moore Rec Center - Monday, Sept. 12, 2022 at 7 p.m.
- Cub Run Rec Center – Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022 at 6 p.m.
- Lee District Rec Center – Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
- South Run Rec Center – Monday, Sept. 19, 2022 at 8 a.m.
- Mount Vernon Rec Center - Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
- Oak Marr Rec Center - Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- Spring Hill Rec Center – Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Another low-impact alterative is Aqua Zumba, a shallow-water exercise class at Lee District Rec Center on Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2022 at 10 a.m. There is less impact on your joints during an Aqua Zumba class, so you can really let loose. Water creates natural resistance, which means every step is more challenging and helps tone your muscles.
For a full look at our Rec Center drop-in fitness classes, visit the Rec Center website.
General admission fee applies; no registration or membership is required. Contact the Rec Center directly for specific questions, or reach out to Hannah Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Hispanic Heritage Month events at Fairfax County parks, visit the Mi Conexion al Parque webpage.