The Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) is looking for dedicated individuals who enjoy working with kids to “lead the PAC” this summer! Rec-PAC is a six-week structured recreational program for elementary school children, which operates during the Fairfax County Public Schools summer break. Come make a difference and have fun while doing it!
FCPA is looking to hire Rec-PAC camp counselors, camp directors and area supervisors. Full position descriptions, lists of job duties and qualifications can be found at the Rec-PAC Program jobs webpage. Pay is competitive for both inexperienced and experienced staff.
- Camp Counselors: $16 to $19 per hour, depending on experience, education and certifications
- Camp Directors: $19 to $22.25 per hour, depending on experience, education and certifications
- Area Supervisors: Starting at $20 per hour, depending on experience, education and certifications
Applications are currently being accepted at the Rec-PAC Program jobs webpage.
Additionally, interested applicants may begin to register for a virtual interview session held via Zoom. Sessions are scheduled for March 8 and April 5, 2023. Job seekers attending a virtual interview session will have an opportunity to hear from Rec-PAC staff about what working for Rec-PAC entails and to ask questions. Preregistration is required using the links below, and applicants are encouraged to sign up in advance. All interviewees must be present at the meeting beginning at 5 p.m.
- Register for the Zoom session on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Register for the Zoom session on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
FCPA will also host several in-person open hire sessions in May and June. Information on these interview options will be available at the Rec-PAC Program jobs webpage as details are finalized.
For information, contact the Park Authority at FCPAJOBS@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-324-5933.