- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols include: (1) regularly and thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting counters, restrooms and other high-touch surfaces, (2) cleaning and disinfecting fitness equipment before and after each use, (3) addition of more hand sanitizing stations and (4) allowing 30 minutes between fitness classes to thoroughly clean and disinfect classroom surfaces and equipment.
- Equipment that cannot be thoroughly disinfected between uses has been removed from the floor.
- Equipment spacing – in the fitness room, additional spacing has been allotted between pieces of fitness equipment to ensure ten feet of separation between users.
- Similarly, pool use will be limited to one swimmers per lap lane and gradually increase following state guidelines.
- Signage – throughout our facilities, marked footprints and other directional signs are being placed to help ensure safe distances from others.
- Other strategies to ensure proper social distancing include: (1) limiting building and room occupancy to 30% of capacity and gradually increase following state guidelines, (2) implementing a reservation system for all facility use to ensure building capacity is always consistent with current social distancing guidelines, and ( 3) maintaining ten feet of distancing between instructors and participants of group exercise and fitness classes, and personal trainers and clients, when they resume.
RECenter community safety:
- Maintaining a safe operating environment is now everyone’s responsibility – customer’s as well as staff. These strategies include a combination of physical barriers, operational actions and behavioral expectations that include plexiglass barriers at the front desk and other areas that may require close contact and daily health screenings for both staff and customers.
- Customers will have their temperatures taken to enter the facility.
- Signage throughout each facility will explain our new practices and ask everyone to do their part to stop the spread of illness.
- The first expectation for RECenter community safety is simple: if you have a fever, a cough or shortness of breath, stay home until you are well.
- Other safety will include reminders to: wear a face covering or mask when not exercising (exception: lifeguards responding to distressed swimmers), practice social distancing, wipe down fitness equipment before and after use, wash your hands frequently with soap and water, do not use equipment that is out of service for cleaning or to ensure social distancing, and follow marked footprints and other directional signs to help ensure safe distances from others.