What would you like to do?
$50 or 15% of gross revenue, whichever is greater. The $50, non-refundable minimum deposit must be submitted at the time of application. You must apply for a Business Activity License if you would like to hold any activity that uses Park Authority Property for the purpose of generating revenue, including but not limited to: selling items, collecting fees for an event, requesting/soliciting donations, holding classes or camps
- A business activity fee of 15% of the gross revenue or $50, whichever is greater will be charged. The fee is due one month after your event, or monthly for ongoing use.
- A financial statement with the balance due will be provided with your permit and must be completed and returned to the Park Authority one month after your event (or monthly for long-term usage).
- The group is responsible for indicating its gross revenue on the financial statement and determining the payment due. (Facility rental fees required for your event are subtracted from the gross revenue, and the $50 deposit is deducted from the final payment amount.)
- If the financial statement is not returned by the due date, whether or not any additional fees are due, an additional late fee of $50 or 10% of the amount due will be charged to the group.
- A current Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage listing the ‘Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Fairfax County Park Authority and its officers, employees, and volunteers’ as "additional insured" on the policy may be required.
- All vendors are responsible for collecting and paying applicable state sales tax.
- All food vendors are responsible for contacting the Fairfax County Health Department (703-246-2444) to arrange for permits and inspections.
Fees: $45/hour for grass field, $100/hour for synthetic field, additional $25/hour if lights are needed. Athletic fields may be reserved only for the sport for which they were designed.
- An hourly rental fee is required in order to receive a permit.
- Athletic fields can be requested using this application for rental times Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (except holidays) and for any for-profit use. For use outside of these times for non-profit groups, please call 703-324-5533 or visit Athletic Services and Community Use Scheduling.
Fees: $45/hour for grass field, $100/hour for synthetic field, additional $25/hour if lights are needed.
A current Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage listing the ‘Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Fairfax County Park Authority and its officers, employees, and volunteers’ as "additional insured" on the policy will be required.
Fees: $10 per court/hour
For Profit Use: $15 per court/hour (all park locations with tennis courts)
- An hourly court rental fee is required in order to receive a permit.
- Permits will be issued for long-term use or tournaments only (minimum of 3 hours rented per application).
- For daily reservations, tennis courts may be reserved for singles, doubles or groups for a nominal fee at the following locations only:
Fees: $25 per application. One application and fee due per park, regardless of the number of features requested from the list below. A Special Use Permit is required if:
- You are requesting features such as a moon bounce, dunk tank, carnival rides, or pony rides, etc. at an event on Park Authority property, regardless of the size of the group.
- You want to have a "public gathering", such as a demonstration, picketing, speech making, vigils, parades, ceremonies, meetings, rallies, entertainment, games, shows, concerts, and all other forms of public assembly.
- You would like to sponsor or arrange a public gathering of more than 75 persons upon property, or 25 persons upon trails.
- You are planning to conduct any Organized Activity in a Natural Area on property owned or operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority, regardless of group size.
Application fee of $25 must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
All commercial photographers conducting business on FCPA property or in FCPA facilities must obtain a photography permit and submit appropriate fees in advance. To learn more and apply for a permit, visit Commercial Photography in the Parks.
Fees: $350 per day. Nonprofit commercial use fee is $100 per day. There is an additional $35/hour fee per FCPA staff member required to work during the shoot.
Note: All professional videographers conducting business on FCPA property or in FCPA facilities must obtain a commercial use permit and submit appropriate fees in advance. To learn more and apply for a permit, visit Commercial Use - Filming in Fairfax County Parks.
The Park Authority offers several locations where picnic areas, shelters, or amphitheaters can be reserved. For more information about scheduling one of these locations, visit Park Authority Picnics. If the park you wish to use for your picnic is NOT at one of our "reservable" sites, you must obtain a Park Use Permit or use the space on a first come, first served basis.
Food vendors now have an opportunity to provide food services to customers in selected parks. Authorized mobile food vendors will contribute to the park environment by offering specialty food items, premium customer service, and affordable menu selections. For more information on becoming a vendor, or to find out which vendors are permitted for sales in Fairfax County Parks, visit Park Authority Mobile Food Vending.
The Fairfax County Farmers Market vendor selection process is competitive, based on each market's individual needs. Not all vendors that apply will receive a space at FCFMs. Spaces for baked goods vendors and conventional farmers are particularly competitive. This is especially true for our Saturday markets Reston and Burke. We do not allow any mid-season entry or drop ins. For more information on becoming a vendor, visit Farmers Markets Vending Information.
Application Process: Application for a Fairfax County Park Authority Permit must be submitted no less than thirty (30) working days prior to the event.
Applications for events that are large in size, and/or include the use of amplified sound systems must be submitted at least forty–five (45) working days prior to the event date.
Changes to a Permit:
- Once you receive an issued permit, there is no fee to change your date, time or location to another Fairfax County Park if the request is made more than 30 working days in advance of the event date (or 1st date on permit).
- An approved change to an existing permit will be granted with a minimum of 10 working days’ notice for a $25 fee.
- Any change to an issued permit must be approved before a new permit will be provided. The change fee will be assessed based on the date of request, not the date of approval.
- With 10 working days or less before the event date (or 1st date on permit), a group is not eligible to receive a change in date, time or location for an issued permit.
Things to know before you apply:
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- An approved Fairfax County Park Authority permit reserves only the portion of the park indicated on the specific permit.
- Non-reserved areas and facilities are available on a first come, first served basis. Basketball courts on Fairfax County Property are not reservable.
- The park must remain open for use by the general public.
- Park users must adhere to all park regulations. Additional information regarding park regulations can be found in the Appendix 7 section of the Fairfax County Park Authority Policy Manual
- Permits are issued to adult applicants who will be responsible for supervising the entire event, and will be held responsible for any damage to park property or any injury to any party which results from inadequate supervision or carelessness.
- Group must indicate on the application specific location and method for posting signs. All signage must be approved in advance and must be removed at the end of the event. Signage may not be nailed, stapled, etc. to trees, signs, or buildings.
- Site must be vacated by the time specified on the permit.
- Entrance fees for non-county residents apply at Burke Lake Park on weekends and holidays from the end of April through the end of September. More Information
- The Fairfax County Park Authority does not provide security. Large events may require police presence at the sponsoring group’s expense.
- Parking must be restricted to defined parking lots, unless otherwise indicated on the permit.
- Amusement Features such as moon bounces, carnival rides, etc., require a Park Use Permit. If approved, the amusement feature must also be inspected by the Fairfax County Fire Marshal’s office. Check Guidelines
- Use of tents exceeding 900 square feet and/or to be occupied by more than 50 people will require a Fire Prevention Code Permit from the Fire Marshal's office. More Information:
- Tent Permit Guidelines
- Tent Permit Application
- Raffles or Bingo is limited to non-profit groups. Non-profit groups wishing to hold a raffle or bingo game must contact the Commonwealth of Virginia Charitable Gaming Business Activity License at 804- 371-0495 to obtain information about obtaining a permit