*Use the Translate tool below to read the following information in your language.
The Nonprofits and Places of Worship Coordinator guides organizations through the county’s zoning and permitting requirements for non-residential land development and construction. This service is provided as part of the Project Management Program.
The coordinator can help you anytime during the development process. Places of worship are allowed by right in most areas zoned as industrial or commercial after approval of a parking tabulation and a building permit. For other zoning classifications, a special permit or special exception is required. You can get acquainted with the zoning and development process by reviewing our development process overview.
The coordinator can provide help with the following:
- Submitting a zoning application
- Building permitted projects, including adding a shed
- Constructing an entrance ramp
- Holding a festival or obtaining temporary special permits and amusement device permits and fees and regulations
- Opening a place of worship in an existing building
- Parking issues