All requests to change the existing zoning designation of a parcel require the submission of a rezoning application. Review the Conventional Application Package for guidance related to proposals involving conventional districts (R-1, R-5, C-2, C-8, I-5, etc.). Use the “P” District Application Package if the development proposal involves land to be located within one of the “P” Districts; Planned Development Housing (PDH), Planned Development Commercial (PDC), Planned Residential Community (PRC) or Planned Tysons Corner (PTC). These zoning districts are available to encourage innovative and creative site design; to provide ample and efficient use of open space; to promote a mix of land uses and housing types and to allow flexibility to achieve excellence in all aspects site development.
- Application filed by Applicant
- Application submissions are reviewed. When all Zoning Ordinance submission requirements are met, the application is accepted and distributed to various county agencies.
- Application is scheduled for a Planning Commission Public Hearing and is assigned to a staff coordinator.
- Pre-staffing of application. Applicant will be contacted by staff about initial staff comments.
- Revisions relating to pre-staffing comments are submitted.
- Staffing of application. Applicant contacted by staff about final staff comments.
- Revisions relating to the staffing comments are submitted.
- Final submission deadline (6 weeks prior to Planning Commission Public Hearing). Staff report is published based on information received by this date.
- Notification to adjacent property owners sent to applicant 30 days prior to hearing. Notices mailed by Applicant postmarked at least 15 days prior to hearing.
- Staff report published (2 weeks prior to Public Hearing).
- Planning Commission Public Hearing.
- Application is scheduled for Board Of Supervisors Public Hearing
- Notification to adjacent property owners (sent to Applicant 30 days prior to hearing, notices mailed by Applicant postmarked at least 15 days prior to hearing).
- Board of Supervisors Public Hearing.