- Project No. – SD-000031-135
- Project Engineer – Jay Horstman
- Contractor – Avon Corporation
- Location – Providence and Mason
- Scope - This project consists of approximately 3,900 linear feet of stream restoration of the Crook Branch of Accotink Creek in the Providence District and the Mason District. The work includes the following: grading, excavation, fill, stream realignment, in-stream rock and log structures, reinforced stream bed, wetland and riparian corridor enhancement, removal and replacement of sanitary sewer infrastructure, and restoration of disturbed areas with native vegetation. Natural Channel Design (NCD) standards have been incorporated into the restoration design. The work also includes removing and replacing a watermain, removing and replacing sanitary sewer, removing, and disposing of an existing pedestrian bridge, furnishing a new pedestrian bridge, non-native invasive plant management, asphalt trail, and handrail construction. Construction stakeout is the Contractor’s responsibility.
- Completion – June 2, 2023
More Details: View Project Page