Trees provide significant levels of environmental, social and economic benefits to our community. For over 30 years, Fairfax County has been proactive in raising awareness about the importance of trees and forests in our community.
The information below contains links that will help you learn how to plant and maintain trees, Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District seedling sale, about county programs that regulate the removal of trees during construction and about county programs that manage insects that damage and kill trees. For more information, call or email the Urban Forest Management Division at 703-324-1770, TTY 711.
- How to Keep Asian Longhorn Beetles Out of Our County
- Asian Longhorn Beetle: Be on the lookout this summer
- The Role of Trees in Stream Restorations
Fairfax County Urban Forestry Efforts
- Land Cover Change Analysis: Fairfax County, VA
- Urban Forest Management in Fairfax County
- How Do Trees Benefit Me?
- Fairfax County i-Tree Ecosystem Analysis
- Tree Action Plan
- Tree Commission
- Fairfax County's Environmental Improvement Program
How to Maintain and Plant Trees
- FAQs - Tree Care and Tree Removal
- FAQs - Tree Hazards and Safety Issues
- Tree Owner's Manual
- How to Hire an Arborist
- Tree Identification
- Tree Planting
- Seedling Sale
- Please Don't Top Trees - Slideshare