Interim Policy Regarding Tree Preservation and Planting In and Around Stormwater Management Ponds
The Board of Supervisors has adopted an interim policy regarding tree preservation and planting in and around stormwater management ponds. The policy provides opportunities for tree planting beyond the areas allowed under the current Public Facilities Manual. The policy does not contain new requirements for planting; it simply contains guidelines on where plantings are permitted. In the future, the Public Facilities Manual will be amended to include the guidance provided by the interim policy
Copies of the policy documents may be obtained using the links below or email the Maintenance Stormwater Management Division or call 703-877-2800, TTY 711, or email the Urban Forestry Division or call 703-324-1770, TTY 711.
- Interim Policy
- Attachment #1 - Sketch of Typical Extended Dry Pond
- Attachment #2 - Sketch of Typical Wet Pond
- Attachment #3 - References for Selecting Plant Species: Native Plants for Conservation, Restoration and Landscaping from the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation.
- The DEQ riparian buffer plant table includes species appropriate for pond shoreline projects.
- Planting Application & Authorization Request Form