Project News and Updates
Fairfax County is working with Braddock District Supervisor John Cook and members of the community on a study to develop and evaluate a number of improvements for the Braddock Road corridor, between Guinea Road and I-495. Potential improvements may include additional travel lanes, HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes, or intersection, pedestrian and bicycle improvements.
Workshops Held Fall 2017
The next stage of Braddock Road Multimodal Study project will be to move into final engineering design. Six workshops were held in Fall 2017 for community residents to discuss the improvements at specific sections of Braddock Road. All meetings are scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 18: Guinea Road to Dunleigh-King David – Braddock Hall, 9002 Burke Lake Road, Burke
- Monday, Oct. 2: Wakefield Chapel to Danbury Forest – Braddock Hall, 9002 Burke Lake Road, Burke
- Wednesday, Oct. 18: Beltway area – Braddock Hall, 9002 Burke Lake Road, Burke
- Wednesday, Oct. 25: Burke Lake intersection – Kings Park Library, 9000 Burke Lake Road, Burke
- Thursday, Nov. 16: Ravensworth Road intersection – Ravensworth Baptist Church, 5100 Ravensworth Road, Annandale
- Monday, Dec. 11: Burke Lake intersection, second meeting – Kings Park Library, 9000 Burke Lake Road, Burke
Final Plans, Survey Results and Recommended Alternative Maps Available
At the June 26, 2017, Community Meeting, Sup. Cook announced a survey regarding the development of a park-and-ride lot at the Kings Park Shopping Center. Survey feedback, along with the work of the tast force, helped shape the final plans for the project. These plans are available in maps of the Braddock Road corridor below.
- Recommended Roadway Alternative Concept Plans: Map 1 I Map 2 I Map 3 I Map 4 I Map 5
- Supervisor Cook Announces Final Plans for Braddock Road Improvement Project
- Summary of Comments Received on Survey: Transportation Options for Braddock Road Corridor
- Community Meeting No. 4 Presentation - June 26, 2017
- Community Meeting No. 4 Exhibit Boards - June 26, 2017
- Community Meeting No. 3 Presentation - Feb. 6, 2017
- Community Meeting No. 3 Exhibit Boards - Feb. 6, 2017
- Community Meeting Presentation - April 25, 2016
- Background and Frequently Asked Questions
- Project Materials and Meeting Minutes
In accordance with Title VI and ADA requirements, please contact the Fairfax County Department of Transportation at 703-877-5600, TTY 711 to request reasonable Title VI or ADA accommodations, including printed material in an alternate format or translated and interpreter services for public events. Requests for assistance at public events must be received at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled event.