November 8, 2016 General & Special Elections
On Election Day Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Unofficial Election Results are available after the polls close on Election night.
To determine whether you are eligible to vote in this election, please visit the Virginia Department of Elections website or call our office at 703-222-0776.
- Voter Photo ID Requirements - Effective July 1, 2014
- September 23: In-Person Absentee Voting Begins
- October 21: Voter Registration Deadline extended from Oct. 17 to Oct. 21, In-Person: 4:30 p.m., Online: 11:59 p.m.
- November 1: Last Day to Apply for an Absentee Ballot by Mail, Fax, Email or Online: 5:00 p.m.
- November 5: Final Day for In-Person Absentee Voting
- November 8: Absentee Ballot Return Deadline: 7:00 p.m.
Sample Ballots, Candidate Information and Ballot Questions
Do you know where you vote? Link to the Virginia Department of Elections website voter look-up.
The following sample ballots are larger than 8 1/2 by 11 inches. In order to print these sample ballots on standard-size printing paper, please look for the option to “Fit” or “Fit to page” from your printer options. For more information, please review the documentation that came with your printer for directions on how to resize irregular-sized documents.
- 8th Congressional District Ballot .pdf - (Español) .pdf
- 10th Congressional District Ballot .pdf - (Español) .pdf
- 11th Congressional District Ballot .pdf - (Español) .pdf
- Town of Herndon 11th Congressional District Ballot .pdf - (Español) .pdf (Town of Herndon precincts 319 Herndon #1, 320 Herndon #2 and 324 Herndon #3 ONLY)
- Audio Ballots
Ballot Questions and Referendum
Proposed Constitutional Amendments Link to the Virginia Department of Elections
- Article I. Bill of Rights. Section 11-A. Right to work .pdf - (Español) .pdf
- Article X. Taxation and Finance. Section 6-B. Property tax exemptions for spouses of certain emergency services providers .pdf (Español) .pdf
- Download Brochure .pdf
- Meals Tax .pdf (Español) .pdf
- Transportation Bonds .pdf (Español) .pdf
- Parks and Facilities Bonds .pdf (Español) .pdf
- Human Services and Community Development Bonds .pdf (Español) .pdf
Voter Registration: If you are already registered at your current address, you do not need to register again.
Please report change of name or address
To remain a qualified registered voter, the law requires you to notify your local voter registration office of any change in your name or address. This must be done before the registration books close for the next election. The deadline is 22 days prior to any general or primary election and 13 days before a special election, or 6 days prior to a special election called by the Governor (Code of Virginia §24.2-416).
You can submit your request for change of name and/or address by submitting a new Virginia Voter Registration Form, either by mail at P.O. Box 10161, Fairfax, VA 22038-8061, by fax (703-324-2205), email at email@example.com, or online at the Virginia Department of Elections website When submitting a form to our office the change notice must include your signature to be valid. Change requests cannot be made by telephone. We can accept a scanned change request via email; the scanned change request must include your signature.
After your change is processed, you will be mailed a new Voter
Information Notice. If a new notice does not arrive within a few weeks,
please call us at 703-222-0776 to confirm that your change was
**You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader program installed on your computer to view and/or print these documents. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems.