Real Estate Assessments & Taxes
Fairfax County has an annual assessment program where all real property, residential and commercial, is assessed at 100% of the estimated fair market value as of Jan. 1 of each year. Updated assessments are available in late February.
Find Your Assessment
- View Your Assessment and Property Information
- 2017 Real Estate Assessments Now Available; Things to Know
- 2017 Real Estate Assessment Notices Mailed Feb. 14
- My Neighborhood Report - information about Fairfax County addresses and their surrounding neighborhood
Pay Your Real Estate Taxes
Rates & Comparisons
- Board of Supervisors Authorizes Advertised Tax Rate of $1.13 for FY 2018
- Tax Rates, Other Tax Districts, and Service Charges
- Changes in Surrounding Jurisdictions
- Real Estate Tax Calculator - Where Your Real Estate Tax Dollars Go
Appeals, Relief & Exemptions
- Appeal Your Assessment
- Appeals When Building is Damaged or Destroyed
- Board of Equalization of Real Estate Assessments
- Tax Relief for Seniors and People with Disabilities
- Solar Energy Equipment Tax Exemption
- Disabled Veterans Exemption
- Exemption for Surviving Spouse of Veteran Killed in Action
- Need more information? Email your question to the Department of Tax Administration
Understanding Your Assessment
- How is the current real estate market reflected in my assessment?
- What are the differences between sales prices, appraisals and assessments?
- Why is my assessment divided into separate land and building values?
- How can I change my mailing address for notices?
- View all frequently asked questions