Fairfax County History Commission Historical Roadside Marker
Mitchell-Weeks House This building is a reproduction of a typical "Potomac Valley Farmhouse" built at this location circa 1789 by Benjamin Mitchell. It was one and a half story log house, with a sloping front roof extending over a porch, which in time became a community landmark. Ownership passed to James Wrenn, who married Mitchell's granddaughter, in 1835. Their eight unmarried daughters lived here through approximately 1940. After 1952, Charles and Edith Weeks and subsequent owners made many renovations and structural changes. The stone chimneys and the log siding on the front porch are materials from the original house.
Date Installed: September 2003
Marker Credits: Fully funded by Guy Paolozze, President of AKA Enterprises, Inc.
Marker Location: Chantilly. On the south side of Lee Jackson Highway/Route 50, west of Lees Corner Road. Next to Quiznos Subs at 13661 Lee Jackson Highway.