Burke Lake Park
7315 Ox Road
Fairfax Station, Virginia
2013 Hours of Operation:
- The park grounds are open from sunrise to sunset. Please be aware that these times change throughout the year. The park gates are closed at sunset, and the park is closed at dark to all traffic: pedestrians, bicycles, and vehicles.
- Starting Saturday, April 6: park facilities will be open weekends only until Memorial Day weekend, weather permitting. (Except the campground which will open on Friday, April 19.)
- Between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day all facilities will be open daily, weather permitting.
- After Labor Day the park facilities will only be open on weekends until October 28th, weather permitting (except for the campground which is open daily until October 27th, the last day to camp).
- After October 28th, all facilities are closed until April. Park grounds remain open sunrise to sunset.
- The park is closed on December 25th.
- When bad weather strikes, the park may need to alter the normal operating schedule. Call the Information Center, 703-323-6600, to determine the status during inclement weather.
Attention Large Groups:
Burke Lake Park welcomes large groups to enjoy its facilities. When you are planning an outing to Burke Lake Park, please call our information office ahead of time. This will help us to schedule appropriate staff to make your visit more enjoyable. Large groups that arrive unannounced may overwhelm our scheduled staff, especially if two groups coincide. We would be more than happy to discuss options for the use of the specific facilities you plan to use. We do not charge an additional fee for large groups.
Planning ahead enables us to provide high quality customer service and allows your group to stay together. Please call our information office at 703-323-6600, or stop by, to discuss your next outing.
If your school group/day camp/large group plan to visit the park Monday - Friday, please complete and return this Information Form. Do not use this form if you are a group that has reserved a picnic area, unless a majority of your group plans to use a certain facility at one time. This is an information form only. It is not a reservation.
TRAIN RUNS ON THE 15 AND 45 PAST THE HOUR, and the first run is at 11:15am. THE CAROUSEL RUNS ON THE HOUR AND HALF HOUR, and the first run is at 11:30am. TRAIN/CAROUSEL OPENS AT 11AM. ICE CREAM PARLOR IS OPEN 11AM-4PM. MINI GOLF OPENS AT 11AM.
PLEASE FAX THIS INFORMATION TO 703-323-1548
- There is no charge for Fairfax County residents.
Charge for non-county residents on weekends and holidays only (no
charge on weekdays), April through late October:
Large Capacity Van: $10.00
Picnic groups and birthday parties (on weekends and holidays):
Individuals attending picnics and birthday parties who are non-county
residents are also subject to pay the $10 non-county resident fee.
Those having parties at Burke Lake Park may pay the gate fee for their
non-county resident guests by downloading the Gate Pre-Payment
Form (*.pdf) and following directions at the top of the form.
Multiple surrounding jurisdictions around Fairfax County no longer require county property tax stickers on their vehicle. Please have your driver's license available to show the gate attendant.
Burke Lake Park's 888 acres feature:
A 218-acre lake with fishing, boating, rowboat rental, camping, a miniature train, a carousel, outdoor volleyball courts, open fields, an 18-hole par 3 golf course, clubhouse with snack bar and driving range, disk golf, horse shoe pits, an ice cream parlor, picnic areas with grills, 3 playgrounds, trails, amphitheater, and miniature golf course. Swimming and windsurfing are prohibited.
Lake Burke is owned by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF), the surrounding park land comprising Burke Lake Park is owned by the Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA).
Many of the rules and regulations including the operating hours concerning the lake, fishing, the VDGIF public boat launch and parking area are established by the VDGIF and may vary from the rules, regulations and hours established by the FCPA for Burke Lake Park. The Game Department also owns 50 feet of shore line surrounding the lake and the parking lot/boat ramp that is south of the main park entrance. VDGIF considers Lake Burke to be a fishing lake as it is funded by fees from fishing licenses, not a lake for recreational use. The VDGIF does allow kayaks as long as the person is actively fishing from their kayak. More information on Burke Lake may be obtained by visiting the VDGIF web page. Fishing license information may also be found at that site.
The Information Center is located at the entrance of the park once you pass through the gate, on your right hand side.