Transportation Information and Alerts
- Sign-up for Commuter Alerts to receive Metro SafeTrack information
- News Releases from FCDOT
- Public Meetings and Events
- Fairfax Connector Passenger Information
- Commuter Alerts
Tax deadline reminders and updates:
- Business, Real Estate, Car (Personal Property), Dog License Renewals & Tax Relief
- Fairfax County Police Notifications (Police Alerts)
- General County News and Information
- Daily Countywide Headlines (Monday through Friday)
Office of Elections
- Elections Updates and News
Office of Emergency Management
- Emergency Preparedness Newsletter
- Emergency Preparedness Drills/Exercises
Office to Prevent and End Homelessness
- News and Information Related to Homelessness in the County
Department of Management & Budget
- Monthly County Economic Indicators Report
- County Government Budget News and Updates
McLean Community Center
- Information About the Center
- Director's Letter
- Pick the types of weather alerts you wish to receive, along with traffic and public safety alerts.
- Create a “do not disturb” timeframe when you don’t want to receive weather alerts.
- Learn about county government non-emergency notices such as taxes and elections.
- Customize your Fairfax Alerts with up to five addresses, i.e., school, work and home.
- Get geo-targeted weather alerts based on the addresses you define.
- Weather advisories for you, your family, home, business, school, child care and more.
- Signing up keeps you informed!
- Families: Are your family members signed up?
- Businesses: Are your employees signed up?
- Faith Communities: Are your congregants signed up?
- Nonprofits: Are your volunteers signed up?
- Funtional Needs: Have you signed up for the Functional Needs Registry?
- Choose up to 10 delivery methods like home phone, cell phone, email, text messaging and more.
- Manage your Fairfax Alerts profile from your phone by downloading the iPhone or Android app.
- Mobile app allows for two-way conversations with emergency managers and does not use text messaging service.