2015 Fairfax County Public Safety & Schools Bond Referendums
In the Nov. 3, 2015, general election, Fairfax County voters will be asked to vote YES or NO on a:
- $151 million pubilc safety bond
- $310 million schools bond
This money is intended to provide:
- $51 million to renovate or replace five aging fire stations: Merrifield, Reston, Penn Daw, Woodlawn, and Edsall.
- $100 million to renovate Franconia District Police station; build a new, joint animal shelter and police station in the South County area; construction and renovation for the Police heliport, Operations Support Bureau facilities and Emergency Vehicle Operations and K9 Center.
- $310 million to renovate nine elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools, along with funding an addition to South Lakes High and plan a new Northwest County area elementary school