Sully Historic Site
[ 3650 Historic Sully Way ] [ Chantilly, VA 20151 ] [ 703-437-1794 ]
An oasis of the past, Sully reflects the history of Fairfax County. Completed in 1799 by Richard Bland Lee, the main house at Sully combines aspects of Georgian and Federal architecture. Richard Bland Lee was Northern Virginia's first Representative to Congress, as well as General Robert E. Lee's uncle.
On the National Register for Historic Places, and accredited by the American Association of Museums, Sully also includes original outbuildings, representative slave quarter and gardens. Guided tours highlight the early 19th century life of the Richard Bland Lee family, tenant farmers and enslaved African Americans. Programs reflect the history of Fairfax County through the 20th century.
Reservations for Museum Education Programs for elementary aged children begin on August 1.
Visitor Center/ Gift Shop:
March - December, open everyday 11am - 4pm except Tuesdays and some
holidays, check with
the site. Take home a historical remembrance of your visit to Sully.
Unique gifts include tricorn hats, early 1800s reproductions, quill
pens, caps, historic games and toys, blue and white ware, history
books, tea cups and much more!
Winter Hours: January and February Open daily from 11am-3pm, Wednesday - Monday; site/visitor center closed Tuesdays. Closed some holidays.
- House Tours: Guided tours of the main house given on the hour. Open daily from 11am-4pm, closed Tuesdays. Last tour at 4pm. January, February and Holidays when open, last tour is 3:00pm.
- Forgotten Road Tours: Outside walking tour of the original outbuildings and slave quarter given at 2pm through mid-November. Mid-November through March 15 by reservation only. No tour offered during events, during inclement weather/code red or higher weather conditions, call site to confirm tour status.
- Tours: $7 Adult, $6 student (16 & up with student I.D.), $5 for senior (65 +), $5 child (age 5 – 15). Save by taking both tours (House tour & Forgotten Road tour) for only $2.00 extra
- Seasonal Passes: Available on request for individuals and families.
- Groups: Reservations required, special group rate available. Call for details.
- Refunds: For pre-paid reservation programs require two week written notice.
Welcome to the Sully Historic Site Visitor Center
The visitor center is conveniently located at the site’s entrance, just off the main parking lot. Come in to get information about the site and upcoming events, purchase tickets for the historic house or forgotten road tours, or pick up a self-guided walking tour of the grounds
The Visitor Center Eddie Wagstaff Conference Room is available
to rent for your organization’s next meeting (seats approximately 18)
or for your child’s next birthday party, with a wide variety of
Call 703-437-1794 for information and reservations.