Animal Shelter Donations
The Animal Shelter always needs and appreciates your donations.
How to donate:
1. Bring donations to the Shelter at 4500 West Ox Road druing open business hours, Tuesday through Friday noon to 7 p.m. and Saturday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m..
2. Donate with the click of a button by visiting our Amazon Wish List:
Donate a Bed to a Homeless Pet Program:
Shelter pets deserve a soft place to sleep too. Support our goal of providing beds for every shelter dog and puppy. Learn more about donating a bed to a homeless pet.
Items the Shelter always needs:
- Paper towels
- Small stuffed animals for kittens
- Cat/kitten nail clippers
- Top loading cat carriers
- New Nylabones
- Leashes, collars and harnesses
- Ziploc bags (gallon and quart size)
- Crates and cages (all pieces and parts)
- High efficiency laundry detergent
- Small animal supplies
- Food dishes
- Flea medications
- Dog and cat beds (new or gently used)
- Batteries (AA, AAA)
- Dawn dishwashing soap
- Clay cat litter (non-clumping)
- Dry cat food
- Gift cards - Target, pet stores, Best Buy, Wal-mart
- Timothy hay
- Small and bite-size dog treats
What happens to your donations?
Donations from the Wish List go directly to support Shelter animals, both at the Shelter and in our foster program. Items that we cannot use go to wildlife rescue organizations, select shelters and rescues in need, and to the Ani-Meals program at the Humane Society of Fairfax County.
Are there items you do not accept?
We do not accept fitted sheets, pillows, comforters, bedspreads or couch cushions. We cannot use these items and do not have room to store them.
We do not accept open medications.
Where can I leave donations when you are closed?
Please do NOT leave donations outside when the Shelter is closed; we only accept them during hours we are open. Thank you.