The Sheriff’s Office was created in 1742, at the same time Fairfax County was formed, and is now one of three public safety agencies responsible for the safety and well-being of the 1.1 million residents of Fairfax County. Sheriff Stacey A. Kincaid and her deputies also serve the City of Fairfax and the towns of Herndon and Vienna. The Sheriff's Office is responsible for operating the Adult Detention Center, providing security in the Courthouse and serving civil law process. In addition, the agency has a strong community outreach program. Sheriff Kincaid helped launch Diversion First so that incarceration would no longer be the default solution for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Sheriff's Office Receives Law Enforcement Accreditation
- VOLUNTEER as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff! Applications accepted until July 7, 2017
- BE ALERT TO PHONE SCAMS!
- Free monthly safety seat inspections at Public Safety Center
- Free child ID throughout the county
- Sheriff's Office Connects Inmates with Community Resources
- More news...