Join a 35-mile scenic bicycle ride to visit the hidden cultural and environmental treasures in the Mount Vernon District on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017.
Advanced registration is required by Oct. 30. Walkup registrations on the day of the ride will not be permitted.
Rain or shine, the ride begins at 8:30 a.m., and it starts and ends at the building 11 at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton.
The route will be mainly on paved trails, and in a few areas, it will be on the road, with safety monitors along the route. This will be a fun ride with some challenging sections. Riders will collect “poker cards” at specific locations that will qualify them for prize drawings at the end.
- $20.00, must register by October 30, 2017. No walk-up registration is permitted. Tour de Mount Vernon is rain or shine and no refunds are offered.
- Specialty Mt. Vernon Biking Socks are included with every registration.
- This event is for experienced riders over the age of 15.
- SAG support courtesy of SPOKES. Mobile maintenance and flat repair courtesy of Wheel Nuts.
- Register through FABB-Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling ($5.00 of each registration goes to FABB to support biking resources in Fairfax County)
|7:45-8:30 am||Packet pick-up at The Workhouse Arts Center at 9518 Workhouse Rd., Lorton VA. Includes Rider #, map and specialty Mt. Vernon biking socks.|
|8:30-9:00 am||Riders roll for group start.|
|11:30-1:30 pm||Food, fun and prizes at Workhouse Art Center at the end of route.|
Volunteers are needed the day before and day of the ride! Volunteer sign up is located here.
Questions or concerns? Contact Supervisor Storck at (703) 782-7518 or Sue Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org .