Office of County Executive
The Office of the County Executive serves as the administrative arm of Fairfax County Government.
The office plays a key role in:
- Strategic planning
- Ensuring and valuing excellence in public service
- Fostering partnerships with our residents and community leaders
- Preparing the annual budget
- Executing all resolutions and orders of our elected Board of Supervisors
Senior Management Team
Edward L. Long Jr. is a full-time official appointed by the Board of Supervisors and serves at the pleasure of the Board.
The following offices report directly to the county executive while all other county departments report to the deputy county executives:
- Office of the Internal Auditor
- Office of Public Private Partnerships
- Office of Public Affairs
- Government Relations
- Department of Human Resources