Social Media Hub
Social media is important for all of us to engage and share information, especially so you can connect with your government. This page features the listings of all official accounts.
Social media is especially important during emergencies and incidents in our community; check out our Public Safety Social Media and Live Video page.
- County Government
- Fire and Rescue Department
- Health Department
- Animal Shelter
- Park Authority
- Fairfax Connector
- Land Use Planning
- Prevent and End Homelessness
- Community Services Board
- Fairfax (Age) 50+
- Office for Children
- Volunteer Solutions
- Consumer Affairs
- Ready Fairfax
We welcome you and your comments!
The purpose of our social media accounts is to present matters of public interest in Fairfax County, including its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note these are moderated online discussion sites.
We recognize social media is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage our staff resources (your tax dollars), we generally only monitor comments and postings during regular business hours.
Once posted, the Fairfax County reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- Spam or links to other sites
- Clearly off topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Personally identifiable medical information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
If there are repeated violations, then Fairfax County will ban participation on platforms that permit organizations to ban users. Please note that the comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the Fairfax County government or its officers and employees.
If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the Office of Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YouTube disclaimer: Fairfax County is not responsible for the content provided on “related” and “promoted” videos that are accessible from this county’s YouTube channel. All viewers should note that these related videos and comments expressed on them do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of the Fairfax County government or its officers and employees.
Updated June 1, 2017