Updated 10:45 p.m.
The entire Metrorail system will be closed Wednesday, March 16, for emergency inspections.
— Metro (@wmata) March 15, 2016
Obviously, Metro closing will cause some challenges in getting around the region. Roads will likely be congested, so please allow extra time and pack some extra patience.
Here’s a guide to some transportation options:
- Telework if possible.
- Check Fairfax Connector bus service (operating on regular schedule); including special regional connections and limited service to the Pentagon.
- Virginia Railway Express is operating regular service.
- Use park and ride lots and carpool from there with co-workers or friends.
- Consider ridesharing through Commuter Connections.
- Take advantage of taxi services or services like Uber and Lyft (look for gold stickers on license plates).
- Ride your bike the first and last parts of your trip; place your bike on Fairfax Connector.
As for county operating status, Fairfax County Government will be open on time with no status changes on Wednesday.
You can get a quick glimpse at road conditions on our Traffic and Transit page.