Contact Supervisor Linda Q. Smyth
Where is Providence District?
Communities included in the Providence District generally include Merrifield, Oakton, Tysons Corner and Vienna.
All information regarding the I-66 project, inside or outside the beltway can be found on their website, www.transform66.org.
I-66 OUTSIDE the Beltway Public Information Meetings
Learn about the preferred design concept alternative for the I-66 Outside the Beltway Project, which resulted from the project’s recent Environmental Assessment, and technical study and analysis of various design concepts. Attend one of the following public information meetings to get the latest project news and information:
- Monday, October 19, 2015 (6:30-8:30 pm), Oakton High School -- Cafeteria, 2900 Sutton Road, Vienna, VA 22181
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015 (6:30-8:30 pm), VDOT Northern Virginia District Office, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
I-66 INSIDE the Beltway Public Information Meetings
High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes are proposed on I-66, from I-495 (the Capital Beltway) to U.S. Route 29 in Rosslyn, in both directions during weekday rush hours to deliver free-flowing and more reliable travel. Critical multimodal improvements, which directly benefit the I-66 Corridor, would be supported by tolls from the express lanes. Learn more at the following public meetings:
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015 (7:00-9:00 pm), Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School – Cafeteria, 7130 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 (7:00-9:00 pm), Washington-Lee High School – Cafeteria, 1301 N. Stafford Street, Arlington, VA
2015 Providence District VolunteerFest®
Supervisor Smyth is delighted to host the 2015 Providence District VolunteerFest®in conjunction with Volunteer Fairfax's countywide VolunteerFest®and National Make a Difference Day. The week-long 2015 Providence VolunteerFest®projects include:
11th Annual Merrifield Fall Festival: October 17, 11 am to 5 pm District Avenue in Mosaic District (corner of
Lee Highway and Gallows Road in Merrifield). The Greater Merrifield Business Association welcomes residents to enjoy a day filled with fun for all ages. For information see www.greatermerrifield.org/MerrifieldFallFestival.html.
Tysons Harvest Festival: October 17-18 and 24-25, noon to 5 pm, Lerner Town Square at Tysons II, adjacent to the Silver Line Tysons Corner Station, 8025 Galleria Drive. For information go to http://www.tysonsharvest.com.
All other projects will take place on Saturday, October 24th, unless indicated otherwise.
- Food Drive: Supervisor Smyth's office, Hunter Mill Country Day School and the Oakton Women’s Club collect for Food for Others. Nonperishable food donations may be dropped off from October 1 to 31 at Providence Community Center, 3001 Vaden Drive, Fairfax, or Hunter Mill Country Day School, 2021 Hunter Mill Road, Vienna, 9 am to 6 pm weekdays.
- The Friends of Oakton Library Host:Outdoor clean up and invasive plant removal at the Oakton Library, 10304 Lynnhaven Place, Oakton, 9 to 11 am. To volunteer, email FriendsOfOaktonLibrary@gmail.com or call Ann Balch 703-242-7277.
- Providence Community Center: Game Shape - youth basketball training 10 am to noon. Game Shape - adult basketball fitness workout 1 to 3 pm. To sign up contact email@example.com.
- Easy Readers:A program for first and second grade boys who need reading reinforcement at the Oakton Library. Prior registration is required to participate. For information or to volunteer contact Drew Crum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oakton Community Park:Horseback riding demonstration by Spirit Open Equestrian Program (Fairfax4Horses sponsor) 1:30 to 2:30 pm, 2841 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton. Weather permitting. Horsemanship and pony rides.
- Mini Golf: Greater Merrifield Business Association (GMBA), Police Department and Park Authority host mentorship mini golf with selected Fairfax County Public School students from 9 to 11 am.
- Neighborhood Park Projects: Fairfax County Park Authority hosts Invasive Management Area (IMA) site projects: at Nottoway Park 9 am to noon, October 17 and 24; at Borg Street Park, 10 am to 2 pm, October 17; at Idylwood Park, 9 to 11 am, October 18. Sign up at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/resource-management/ima/ima-calendar.htm or RSVP to Erin.Stockschlaeder@fairfaxcounty.gov or 703-324-8681 TTY711.
- The Great Falls Group of theSierra Club Hosts: Clean up at Scotts Run behind Westgate Elementary School, from 9 to 11 am. For directions and to volunteer call Patricia Leslie at 202-316-0584.
- Soldier Care Packages: Join Troop Treats and James Lee Community Center, 2855-A Annandale Road, Falls Church. Packages for our soldiers serving abroad will be prepared from 10 am to noon. To donate and/or volunteer go to www.trooptreats.com or call Germaine Broussard at 703-608-4609. Hot dogs and chips served after packing.
- Event Promotions: The Providence Players at James Lee Community Center Theater, 2855-A James Lee Street, Falls Church, are helping to promote VolunteerFest®. Their season opens with the uplifting comedy “Calendar Girls” and runs from October 2 through 17. See schedule of performances at http://www.providenceplayers.org
Supervisor Smyth and the 2015 Providence District VolunteerFest® Committee invite all residents to participate in this year's activities. More information is available on the 2015 VolunteerFest® website at
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/providence/events.htm or by calling 703-560-6946, TTY 711 and on the Volunteer Fairfax website at www.volunteerfairfax.org/non-profits/volunteerfest.php or by calling Jessica Warren, 703 246-3533, TTY 711.
The Providence District Office has moved!
We are now located on the 2nd floor of the new Providence Community Center, 3001 Vaden Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031. Please note that our phone number and email address will remain the same. For additional information on the Providence Community Center email NCS@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-865-0520.
Report Potholes to VDOT
If you see a pothole you can report it directly to VDOT by visiting www.virginia.org/travel/citizen.asp, emailing email@example.com or by calling VDOT's Customer Service Center at 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623). TTY users, call 711.
Fairfax County Resources
Calendars and news.
- Emergency Information: One of the most important roles of Fairfax County Government is ensuring the safety of our community.
- Contact Fairfax County
- Complaints & Crime Reporting
- Emergency Alert Sign-up
- Tax Payments
- Vehicle Registration
- Budget Information
- About Fairfax County
- Board of Supervisors
- Boards, Authorities & Commissions
- Public Schools
Air Quality in the Metropolitan DC Region
Latest Fairfax County News Releases