The 2019 election is now unofficially over (final results need to be certified). Among the dozens of candidates who ran in Fairfax County are members of a new Board of Supervisors and a new School Board. There also will be a new General Assembly and changes in other offices.
Do you know who will be your new local and state elected officials?
What comes next?
View results of all races (and one referendum) in Fairfax County on Tuesday, Nov. 5, from the Virginia Department of Elections.
On Monday, Dec. 16, at 6 p.m., local officials will take their oath of office in the Government Center forum, including:
- 10 members of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Fairfax County constitutional officers, including the sheriff and the commonwealth’s attorney
- The Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District directors
You are welcome to attend a reception that begins at 5 p.m., followed by the ceremony. All local elected officials will take office on Jan. 1, 2020.
Next up on the election calendar is the presidential primary. Mark your calendar to vote on “Super Tuesday,” March 3. Upcoming dates to note for the primary:
- Absentee voting begins Jan. 17, 2020
- Deadline to register to vote (in the primary) is Feb. 10, 2020