What does the future of Fairfax County look like to you?
We’re planning for the next 10-20 years of our community and we need to hear from you! What does your neighborhood look like in the future? Parks, libraries and other cultural opportunities? Our local environment? Transportation, including roads, bikes and mass transit?
Join us at an upcoming community meeting where you’ll learn more about progress on the first-ever countywide strategic plan. In the months since public feedback yielded nine areas of focus, teams have been working to further define and shape the future of our community in these areas:
- Cultural and Recreational Opportunities
- Economic Opportunity
- Education and Lifelong Learning
- Effective and Efficient Government
- Health and Environment
- Housing and Neighborhood Livability
- Mobility and Transportation
- Safety and Security
- Self-Sufficiency for People with Vulnerabilities
Come hear about each area, then share your thoughts, insights, opinions and experiences that will be used to help further shape a countywide strategic plan.
Click/touch a link below to register:
- Monday, Sept. 16, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at Lake Braddock Secondary School in Burke
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at Justice High School in Falls Church
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 7-9 p.m., at Chantilly High School in Chantilly
- Thursday, Sept. 19, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at South Lakes High School in Reston
- Monday, Sept. 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at Gum Springs Community Center in Alexandria
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Marshall High School in Tysons/Falls Church
Arrangements for child care, transportation assistance, interpretation services and reasonable ADA accommodations can be made by calling Angela Jones at 703-324-5302, TTY 711, or by emailing Angela.Jones@fairfaxcounty.gov.
Arreglos para el cuidado de niños, asistencia de transporte, servicios de interprete, y acomodaciones razonables de la ley de Americanos con Discapacidad (ADA) pueden ser hechos llamando a Angela Jones al 703-324-5302, TTY 711, o mandando correo electrónico a Angela.Jones@fairfaxcounty.gov
Your insights are critical to the planning process!
Whether you are new to Fairfax County, have lived here all your life or are somewhere in between, we’re interested in your vision for the future of the county and your community. Your input will be critical in helping us identify the key priorities for the county and how we will know if we are succeeding at achieving them.
For more information and to sign up for email updates, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/strategicplan.