Jan. 1 will mark the dawn of a new decade…and new terms of office for our Board of Supervisors, constitutional officers and Soil and Water Conservation District directors.
An inauguration ceremony was held at the Government Center on Dec. 16 for these local officials, who will guide the county for the next four years. Fairfax County Circuit Court Judge Penney Azcarate administered the oath of office to Board of Supervisors Chairman-Elect Jeffrey C. McKay and 14 other elected officials.
Our New Government
Those who will begin their terms of office on Jan. 1, 2020, include:
Board of Supervisors
- Jeffrey C. McKay, Chairman, At Large
- Walter L. Alcorn , Hunter Mill District
- John W. Foust, Dranesville District
- Penelope A. Gross, Mason District
- Pat Herrity, Springfield District
- Rodney L. Lusk, Lee District
- Dalia A. Palchik, Providence District
- Kathy L. Smith, Sully District
- Daniel G. Storck, Mount Vernon District
- James R. Walkinshaw , Braddock District
- Stacey A. Kincaid
- Steve T. Descano
Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- Monica A. Billger
- Chris E. Koerner
- Jerry Peters Jr.
Watch Chairman-Elect McKay’s remarks:
Watch each member of the Board of Supervisors take the oath of office:
Want to See the Whole Show?
The Inauguration Ceremony will be replayed on Channel 16 (in HD on Cox channel 1016 or on Verizon and Comcast on Channel 16) and streaming at 8 p.m. on Dec. 20 and 28 and at 10 a.m. on Dec. 22 and 29. The full ceremony will also be available via Video on Demand .