Courtroom Technology Office (CrTO) - Goals & Objectives
The goal of the CrTO is to provide management and technical information services in a prompt, accurate and efficient manner where appropriate for the judiciary to achieve its goals. The primary objectives are to improve citizens access, internally and externally, to the Courts; facilitate trials and hearings in the most effective and efficient means possible; allow for all three Courts to share common resources and provide for flexibility and adaptability to incorporate future changes in technology and court proceedings; and assist the Courts to keep up with increasing demand and docket backlogs.
The Courtroom Technology Office (CrTO) will ensure that all judges, support staff and administrative personnel of the 19th Judicial Circuit have complete and reliable access to the information they need and the technological support required for high-tech trials and proceedings. Courtroom Technology must be closely aligned with state and local agencies to facilitate the flow of information to the Court system and to broaden the spectrum of information sources available to the Courts.
CrTO's responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning for effective use of the court's information resource.
- Liaison with County Department of Information Technology and Supreme Court Office of Technology.
- Project Manager for completion of Courthouse technology roll-out and implementation.
- Acting as an advisor/consultant throughout the Judiciary on computer/information systems-related matters.
- Providing oversight and facilitating improvement of operations through system enhancements or new system development.
- Developing the technical needs of the judiciary through the implementation of new technologies such as video conferencing, wireless networking, and video streaming.
- Development, implementation, and enforcement of standards and procedures relating to computer/information processing.
- Recommending computer/information services related policy for top management and/or Policy committee approval.
- Serving as support staff to the Judiciary and affiliated organizations.
- Evaluating and selecting hardware/software and serving as the primary vendor contact.
- Maintaining state-of-the-art expertise on the technology and informing user groups of how the technology can be applied to enhance operational effectiveness.
Please e-mail Courtroom Technology Office (CrTO), if you have any questions.