Code Enforcement Unit
The Code Enforcement Unit (CEU) is responsible for a variety of enforcement and investigative services relating to non-compliance with the Fire Prevention Code and other building- and fire safety-related laws. In addition, the unit conducts inspections of assembly and mercantile occupancies in Fairfax County and the towns of Clifton, Herndon and Vienna. The unit is comprised of both code enforcement and law enforcement personnel involved with the following activities and/or programs:
- Code enforcement support for the Fire Inspections Branch, Fire Protection Systems Branch and Fire & Hazardous Materials Investigations Branch.
- Life safety inspections and occupancy checks of bars, night clubs, malls, restuarants, theaters and other assembly and mercantile occupancies.
- Provides staff support to the Fairfax County Department of Code Compliance and the Fairfax County Hoarding Task Force.
- Multi-agency enforcement initiatives with the following agencies:
- Management of the Fire Marshal website.