New to the process?
If you're new the process or haven't built in Fairfax County before -- regardless whether you're a homeowner, business owner, contractor or other kind of builder -- this resource can show you what to expect and what is needed to reach a successful outcome.
Staff is Available for Assistance
County staff is available through the Customer Information Center via phone at the following numbers:
- Planner of the Day
- Zoning Permits (Plats, Permit Review, Occupancy, Home Occupations) 703-222-1082, TTY 711
- Zoning Administration (Zoning & Noise Ordinance Questions, Appeals, Signs) 703-324-1314, TTY 711
- Zoning Evaluation (Zoning Applications, Staff Reports) 703-324-1290, TTY 711
- Planning Division (Comprehensive Plan) 703-324-1380, TTY 711
- Site and Subdivision Plans: Engineer of the Day, 703-324-2268, TTY 711
- Building Permits: Permit Application Center, 703-222-0801, TTY 711
- Building Code Questions, 703-631-5101, TTY 711
Need Assistance With Your Project?
Fairfax County provides a Project Management Program to help customers achieve their goals by guiding them through the land development process. It is focused on facilitating an environment of enhanced communication and cooperation among all project stakeholders. The program’s key components for success are mutual accountability in communications, quality and schedule.