New to the process?
If you are new the land development process or have not built in Fairfax County before - get an overview of the process to ensure a successful project.
Forms and Publications
- Building a Deck | Typical Deck Details
- Commercial Tenant Improvements
- Finished Basements | Typical Details
- New Single Family Dwellings
- New Commercial Buildings
- Residential Additions: Garages and Sun Rooms
- Zoning Application (PDF)
Not what you're looking for? Try searching our forms and publications library.
- Check Site or Grading Plan Status (LDSnet)
- Find Issued Permits
- Pay Outstanding Fees
- Prevent Cross Connections and Backflow
- Resubmit Former Paper Plans Electronically
- Search Zoning Case (ZAPS)
- Submit a FOIA or Records Request
- Submit a Complaint
- Virginia Department of Social Services (DSS) Evaluation Requests
Staff is Available for Assistance
- Planner of the Day
- Zoning Permits (Plats, Permit Review, Occupancy, Home Occupations) 703-222-1082, TTY 711
- Zoning Administration (Zoning & Noise Ordinance Questions, Appeals, Signs) 703-324-1314, TTY 711
- Zoning Evaluation (Zoning Applications, Staff Reports) 703-324-1290, TTY 711
- Planning Division (Comprehensive Plan) 703-324-1380, TTY 711
- Engineer of the Day
- Site and Subdivision Plans: 703-324-2268, TTY 711
- Building, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Plans: 703-631-5105, TTY 711
- Building Inspections Supervisor: 703-631-5105, TTY 711
- Contact Individual Building Plan Reviewers
- Building Permits: Permit Application Center, 703-222-0801, TTY 711
Need Assistance With Your Project?
Fairfax County provides a Project Management Program to help customers achieve their goals by guiding them through the land development process. It is focused on facilitating an environment of enhanced communication and cooperation among all project stakeholders. The program’s key components for success are mutual accountability in communications, quality and schedule.