CHANGES COMING OCTOBER 31: PLANNING LAND USE SYSTEM
On Oct. 31, 2022, PLUS will be Fairfax County’s central platform for land development-related applications (permits, licenses and other records). Learn to use PLUS through webinars and videos so you are ready to use PLUS in October.
New to the process?
If you are new the land development process or have not built in Fairfax County before - get an overview of the process to ensure a successful project.
If you are new to our processes, use the Building Permitting Wizard to help guide you through each step you need to take.
If you have gone through the process before, apply for your building permit now.
Forms and Publications
- Building a Deck | Typical Deck Details
- Commercial Tenant Improvements
- Finished Basements | Typical Details
- New Single Family Dwellings
- New Commercial Buildings
- Post-Disaster Recovery Process Flyer
- Residential Additions: Garages and Sun Rooms
- Zoning Application (PDF)
Not what you're looking for? Try searching our forms and publications library.
- Check Site or Grading Plan Status (LDSnet)
- Land Disturbance 101 – Before you Dig
- Find Issued Permits
- Pay Outstanding Fees
- Prevent Cross Connections and Backflow
- Resubmit Former Paper Plans Electronically
- Search Zoning Case (ZAPS)
- Submit a FOIA or Records Request
- Submit a Complaint
- Virginia Department of Social Services (DSS) Evaluation Requests
Staff is Available for Assistance
Get development agency contact information for things such as:
- Permits, plans & inspections
- Developing sites
- Public Records Requests
Need Assistance With Your Project?
Fairfax County provides a Project Management Program to help customers achieve their goals by guiding them through the land development process. It is focused on facilitating an environment of enhanced communication and cooperation among all project stakeholders. The program’s key components for success are mutual accountability in communications, quality and schedule.