Fairfax Circuit Court and Records
The Fairfax Circuit Court serves the residents of Fairfax County and Fairfax City. The Fairfax Circuit Court (19th Judicial Circuit) is the trial court of general jurisdiction and is the largest trial court in Virginia, composed of thirteen full-time trial judges. It has authority to try a full range of cases, both civil and criminal, jury and non-jury. Civil cases include a wide variety of business disputes, personal injury, and domestic relations cases. The Court hears felony criminal cases. A felony is a crime punishable by commitment to the State penitentiary for one year or more. The Court also hears appeals of misdemeanor and traffic cases from the General District Court and Juvenile Courts.
- Electronic Filing System (EFS) Subscriber-based service that permits users to record certain land documents in the Fairfax Circuit Court.
- Court's Public Access Network (CPAN) Subscriber-based service that allows users to access official Fairfax Circuit Court records.
- Online Marriage License Pre-Application Marriage license applicants who are 18 or older, can complete and submit a pre-application online.
- Administration of Estates (Probate/Fiduciary Information)
- Admission Out-Of-State Attorney Pro Hac Vice
- Appeal Procedures
- Birth Certificate Information
- Civil Case Information
- Concealed Handgun Permit
- CourtCall® Telephonic Appearance
- Criminal Case Information
- Divorce Information
- Fees (Civil, Criminal, Fiduciary, Land Records, and Public Services)
- Friday Civil Motions Day Information and Forms
Circuit Court Docket Information
Circuit Court Dockets - Daily and Preliminary Friday Motions Day Dockets (Best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and above)
Circuit Court High-Profile Cases
Pursuant to Virginia Code §24.2-106 Brian W. Schoeneman was named to the Fairfax County Electoral Board by the Judges of the Circuit Court. For more information see the court's order.
In order to view PDF files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. To obtain a free copy, follow this link: