Fairfax County General District Court: Case Information
General District Court case information is available online for all Criminal, Traffic, Civil, and Small Claims cases. Case records are only retained for ten years (see Archives and Records Retention).
For general case information, go to:
1. Review terms and conditions then type the characters in the image for
verification then click Accept.
2. For Court, select Fairfax County General District from the drop down menu on the left.
5. Select Name Search or Case Number Search for either Traffic/Criminal or Civil. Other options are available.
6. Review "Case Status" . If case is older than one year, select "ALL"
8. Click on "Search"
- If searching by name, do not enter the middle name on your first attempt.
- If search fails, try entering only the first two or three letters of the first name.
- If search results in too many names, try entering the first letter of the middle name.
- For additional search options, click on the Help button and read the instructions for Wildcard Search.
- Many cases are not entered into the database until 1-2 weeks after issuance.
Note: Do not use the "Back" button on your browser within this application. You may now find information on pleadings and filings for your case on the Internet
- Go to https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing
- Review terms and conditions then type the characters in the image for verification then click Accept.
- Select Fairfax County General Disrict Court from the drop down menu.
- Click Case Number search under Civil.
- Key the Case Number and click Search.
- Click Reports to view the type of filing.
- Reporting Agency is where the clerk's office indicates if the bill or answer is for a counterclaim OR the issue date for subpoenas and writs
- Under Date due is the due date of the filing.
- Under Date Received is the date the filing was was received in the clerk's office.
- ANS GROUNDS - Answer Grounds of Defense
- BILL OF PART - Bill of Particulars
- SUB DUCES TECUM - Subpoena Duces Tecum
- SUB WIT - Subpoena for Witness
- WRIT POSS - Writ of Possession
- WRIT FIFA - Writ of Fifa
4110 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Criminal Phone: 703-246-3305
Civil Phone: 703-246-3012
Hearing impaired individuals using teletype equipment (TTY) call the court through Virginia Relay 711.