- File in person, by phone (703-246-2815) or by email at GDCMail@fairfaxcounty.gov. The clerk's office will process a first continuance request. All second and subsequent requests will be reviewed by a Judge. It is your responsibility to call back the next day to confirm whether your request was granted or denied. You may also check online at www.vacourts.gov after noon the next business day to view court date.
- For serious misdemeanor charges including: Reckless 90+ mph over speed limit, Hit & Run, Driving on Revoked license 18.2-272, Driving on a Suspended License 2nd+ offense, Eluding
- If you have an attorney, the attorney may file the request in person, by phone, or by email at least 2 days prior to the court date for a Judge to review.
- If you do not have an attorney, you must file a motion. To have the motion heard the same day as the filing, the motion must be filed by 8:30AM in the clerk's office. Motions are heard at 9:00AM.
- Misdemeanors DWI charges
- Commonwealth Attorney's office must consent on court's continuance form before a judge will review.
- If Commonwealth Attorney does not consent, must note not agreed on the request and a motion must be filed.
- Request must be filed at least 2 days prior to court date.
- If there is no attorney, a motion must be filed.