Fairfax County General District Court: Probation Supervision
Probation Officers provide community supervision to individuals adjudicated by the Fairfax County General District Court. Probation may be ordered for a duration of time or until the completion of a specific requirement of the court.
- Face to face meetings with offenders and collaborative contacts with other agencies and treatment providers.
- Substance abuse screening and drug testing.
- Monitor all aspects of court requirements (e.g. community service, drug testing or treatment, evaluations, counseling, restitution, court fees).
- Written progress reports to court on offender non-compliance with supervision.
- Provide case management and supervision for other counties whose offenders reside in Fairfax County.
- Monitor compliance with Alcohol Diversion Program, requiring completion of community service hours and an alcohol education program.
- The Driving on Suspended Program directs individuals to resolve outstanding impediments to obtaining or reinstating their driving privileges.