Domestic Relations Services
Domestic Relations Intake and Services
Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court
Fairfax County Courthouse
4110 Chain Bridge Road, Room 202
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
703-246-3040 or 711 (TTY)
Este folleto está disponible en español.
Para obtener más información, por favor llame al 703-246-3040 or 711 (TTY)
INTAKE – Domestic Relations Adult Intake handles the following types of cases:
- adult criminal offenses against children or family members
- child and spousal support disputes
- child custody and visitation disputes
- family abuse
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., by calling 703-246-3040.
Family abuse - Call early in the day as you may be seen that
same or next day. Without an appointment, your wait time may be
longer and you may not come prepared with the information you need
for the appointment.
Custody, visitation, and support - Appointments may take two
weeks from the date of your call.
The court’s Central Intake Unit assists with limited types of
custody and visitation cases. Please contact Central Intake at
703-246-2495 to have your case reviewed if:
- Department of Family Services is court ordered to supervise the child and/or
- You are a third party (not the mother or father) seeking to enroll the child in school, the child is residing with you in Fairfax County, and all parties are in agreement
- The court’s Central Intake Unit assists with limited types of custody and visitation cases. Please contact Central Intake at 703-246-2495 to have your case reviewed if:
- Family abuse - Call early in the day as you may be seen that same or next day. Without an appointment, your wait time may be longer and you may not come prepared with the information you need for the appointment.
Appointments may be available after 4:30 p.m. depending upon the circumstances and the availability of an intake officer. Limited appointments may also be available at the South County office in Alexandria.
SERVICES available through Domestic Relations include:
- Available to parties when referred by a judge.
Virginia Code authorizes court mediators to assess a fee; however,
the policy of this court has been not to assess fees for this
Home Study Investigations
- conducted by Domestic Relations only when court-ordered
a fee may be charged in each case based on the income of the
- Probation supervision is provided to adults convicted of misdemeanor offenses against children or family members. A substantial portion of these offenses are spousal abuse and sexual offenses against children. o Probation meetings occur at least once per month.
- Probation officers monitor probationer’s activities, assess treatment and service needs, tailor service plans to meet those needs, and monitor participation in court ordered treatment and services.
- Violations may be filed if probationers are alleged to have violated probation rules.
- Courtesy supervision is also provided to other courts.
The Virginia's Court Page (http://www.courts.state.va.us) has information about parenting education, mediation and other resources.
If you need legal advice please contact a lawyer for assistance.