The Sheriff’s Office was created in 1742, at the same time Fairfax County was formed, and is now one of three public safety agencies responsible for the safety and well-being of the 1.1 million residents of Fairfax County. Sheriff Stacey A. Kincaid and her deputies also serve the City of Fairfax and the towns of Herndon and Vienna. The Sheriff's Office is responsible for operating the Adult Detention Center, providing security in the Courthouse and serving civil law process. In addition, the agency has a strong community outreach program. Sheriff Kincaid helped launch Diversion First so that incarceration would no longer be the default solution for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Seeking Ways to Better Parent is a Goal for Inmates at Sheriff’s Inmate Resource Fair
- Learn more about the Sheriff's Office in our 2016 Annual Report.
- Free monthly safety seat inspections
- Free child ID throughout the county
- Shop with a Sheriff Program Benefits Children in Emergency Shelters
- BE ALERT TO PHONE SCAMS!
- Sheriff Kincaid Appointed to Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission
- More news...