Department of Management and Budget
Board Budget Subcommittee Meetings
FY 2017 Adopted Budget Plan (April 25, 2016)
FY 2016 Third Quarter Budget Review
2017 Advertised Budget Plan
- Five Things to Know About the (Almost) Approved FY 2017 Budget
- FY 2017 Budget Mark-Up Package (April 19, 2016)
- Add-On Package: Adjustments to the FY 2017 Advertised Budget Plan (April 8, 2016)
- Board of Supervisors authorizes Advertised Tax Rate of $1.13 (March 1, 2016)
- Transcript of FY 2017 Advertised Budget Chat (February 25, 2016)
- County Executive's Slide Presentation to the Board of Supervisors (February 16, 2016)
- All Other Documents
2016 Lines of Business (LOBs)
- 2016 Lines of Business
- Summary of LOBs Community Discussions (March 12 and 19, 2016)
- County Executive Memo (January 12, 2016)
- Calendar and Links to Department Presentations
- Citizen's Guide to Lines of Business
- LOBs Overview
- Guide to Revenue Sources of Fairfax County
Board of Supervisors - School Board Joint Meeting (February 26, 2016)
- County FY 2017 Advertised Budget Presentation
- Schools (FCPS) FY 2017 Advertised Budget Presentation
- Link to Previous Budget Committee Presentations
FY 2015 Carryover Package (September 22, 2015)
- Carryover News Release (September 22, 2015)
- Board Chairman Remarks and Board Motions (September 22, 2015)
- Carryover Review presentation to the Board of Supervisors (September 11, 2015)
- All Documents (July 28, 2015)
FY 2016 Adopted Budget Plan Package (April 28, 2015)
This primer serves as a means of providing information and context to help readers better understand the County’s budget process as well as answers to some frequently asked questions.
The current budget is the FY 2016 Adopted Budget Plan which runs from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016.
Looking for past budget information? This section includes budgets and other related information from FY 2001 to FY 2014.
Among the many budget resources available are the budget calendar, a glossary of budget terms and acronyms, the county org chart, information on performance measures and financial transparency as well as contact information.
The Fairfax County Youth Leadership Program (YLP) is sponsored by a partnership between Fairfax County Government and Fairfax County Public Schools. Its goal is to help high school students gain an understanding and appreciation of how local government impacts their everyday lives. The curriculum and activities are designed to develop citizenship skills and encourage participants to become active, involved citizens in the future.