Department of Management and Budget
Budget Presentation by County Executive
Board of Supervisors Markup of FY2014 Advertised Budget
FY 2014 Adopted Budget Plan (April 30, 2013)
Adjustments to the FY 2014 Budget Plan
- Budget Markup News Release (April 23, 2013)
- Budget Markup Process and Budget Guidance for FY 2014 and FY 2015 (April 23, 2013)
- Adjustments to FY 2014 Advertised Plan (Add-On Package) and Impact on the FY 2015 Budget (April 10, 2013)
FY 2014 Advertised Budget Plan
- Budget Documents and Information
- Final Report of Public Input on the FY 2014 Advertised Budget Plan (April 23, 2013)
Board Questions and Answers (March-April 2013)
Budget Committee Meeting (March 18, 2013)
- Human Services Council Letter Regarding Recommendations for FY 2014 Budget
- FY 2013 Third Quarter Review
- Planning and Development Requirements Presentation
- Wastewater Rate Presentation
- Response to Compensation Questions
- Budget Questions and Answers
Budget Committee Meeting (March 12, 2013)
Fairfax County Budget Presentation
Fairfax County Public Schools Budget Presentation
- Capital Improvement Program and Debt Capacity
- Proposed Strategies for Serving Children on the Head Start Waiting List
- Indirect Cost Charges to Other Funds
FY 2014 Budget Reductions Not Taken
- Budget Questions and Answers
FY 2013 Third Quarter Review (March 5, 2013)
FY 2014 - FY 2015 Budget: Community Engagement
Thanks to all who submitted ideas and suggestions for the upcoming budget. The online budget survey form is closed. A report detailing all the suggestions is now available. Thank you once again for your interest in Fairfax County. We greatly appreciate your input.
- Final Report of Public Input on the Budget (January 15, 2013)
- Memo to the County Executive from the McLean Citizens Association
- Memo to the County Executive from the Health Care Advisory Board
- Memo to the County Executive from the Shepherd's Center of Fairfax-Burke
- Memo to the County Executive from the League of Women Voters
- Memo to the County Executive from the Environmental Quality Advisory Council
the County Executive from the Fairfax County Information
Technology Policy Advisory Committee (ITPAC)
View a slide presentation on the budget projections
and context for the challenges ahead for FY 2014 - FY
Joint Meeting of the Board of Supervisors and Fairfax County School Board (Nov. 27, 2012)
Executive Presentation of the FY 2014 - FY 2015 County Budget
- School Superintendent Presentation of the FY 2014 FCPS Fiscal Forecast
This primer serves as a means of providing information and context to help readers better understand the County’s budget process as well as answers to some frequently asked questions.
The current budget is the FY 2013 Adopted Budget Plan which runs from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
Looking for past budget information? This section includes budgets and other related information from FY 2001 to FY 2013.
Among the many budget resources available are the budget calendar, a glossary of budget terms and acronyms, the county org chart, information on performance measures and financial transparency as well as contact information.
The Fairfax County Youth Leadership Program (YLP) is sponsored by a partnership between Fairfax County Government and Fairfax County Public Schools. Its goal is to help high school students gain an understanding and appreciation of how local government impacts their everyday lives. The curriculum and activities are designed to develop citizenship skills and encourage participants to become active, involved citizens in the future.