Six Year Transportation Priorities
On January 28, 2014, the Board approved Transportation Project Priorities (TPP) for funding for FY2015 through FY2020. It is envisioned that the TPP will be updated regularly, resulting in a rolling funding plan for county transportation projects. It will also be updated to reflect actions of the Commonwealth Transportation Board, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, and other funding agencies.
- The county conducted an extensive outreach process to determine transportation needs.
- Board of Supervisors approved $1.4 billion, largely from state and regional funds, over six years for transportation projects FY2015-2020.
- This money will fund about 220 projects, including new roads, sidewalks, transit and bike lanes.
- February 2012, Board of Supervisors considers Transportation and Capital Challenges and Opportunities
- Fall 2012 – January 28, 2014, Countywide Dialogue on Transportation public outreach effort
- January 28, 2014, Approval of Transportation Project Priorities for FY 2015 – FY 2020 (PDF, p421)
- June 17,2014, Authorization of a Fall 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (PDF, p125) to potentially fund projects identified through the CDOT public outreach effort
- November 4, 2014, General election will include the Transportation Bond Referendum
Six Year Transportation Priorities Implementation Links:
- List of Approved Projects
- Draft 6-Year Transportation Project Programmatic Timelines (PDF)
- November 4, 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum includes projects approved for the Six Year Transportation Priorities