Wiehle-Reston East Station Bike Room
About the Bike Room
The Wiehle-Reston East Station features Fairfax County’s first enclosed, secure bicycle parking facility with a capacity for more than 200 bicycles. The bike room facility features ample parking with a combination of floor mounted bicycle racks as well as vertical space-saver racks. In-room amenities include:
- Bench seating
- Parking for oversized bikes/bikes with trailers
- Two ”fix it” stations featuring a work stand, an assortment of commonly used bike tools, and an air pump
Access to the room is controlled electronically. Each subscriber will be issued an access key fob that will allow entry to the room 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week. You must subscribe to use this facility.
The membership cost to use this facility is $75 a year, which includes a one-time $15 non-refundable fee for the security device and application processing. After the first year, users will be charged only $60 a year.
Interested in joining? Fill out the form below or call
the Fairfax County Department of Transportation at 703-877-5600 TTY
711, to receive a membership application package today.
How does it work?
First, complete a membership package. You can either download it here
or request a membership package from the Department of
Transportation. You can do this either by:
- Submitting the online form above
- Emailing us at: DOTbicycleprograms@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Calling us at 703-877-5783, TTY 711
Register with Fairfax County. The membership package
includes an application form, an agreement, and other related
information. Submit your completed forms along with payment (checks
should be made out to County of Fairfax) to:
Fairfax County Department of Transportation
Attn: Bicycle Parking Program
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, Virginia 22033-2895.
- Fairfax County Department of Transportation
- What will you receive? When your package arrives, it will include a copy of your membership application and agreement, your electronic access (key fob) device, and three bicycle registration stickers. The stickers are numbered and registered to your membership account. We know bicyclists often have more than one bike so we’re including three stickers with each membership application. Remember, all bicycles in the room must have a current room registration sticker on their bike.
- Now, you’re ready to bike, park, and ride. You can access the bike room from Reston Station Boulevard. At the entry door, swipe your key fob by the card reader. The door will unlock and you can enter. PLEASE, for your safety and security, do not allow others to enter with you. If they’re a member, they need to swipe their own key fob. If the bicyclist in front of you offers you to enter with them, please deny their offer and enter with your key fob. We want this to be a safe and secure facility for both you and your bike. The room is equipped with security cameras. You can access the bike room 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.
- And… Always lock your bike inside. Most bicycle thefts are “thefts of convenience”. Don’t make it easy for someone to steal your bike. Use the appropriate lock and lock it correctly. If you’re not sure about how to lock your bike securely, talk to your local bike shop or visit: www.nationalbikeregistry.com/
- Wiehle-Reston East bike room members also can use the Stringfellow Park and Ride Lot bike room.
- View our frequently asked questions.
- It’s your room. Please keep it clean.
- Keep it safe. Do not allow entry to others.
- Your key fob is not transferable.
- We hope you enjoy the facility!