Old Courthouse Road Realignment Project
- Public Comments Summary
- Conceptual Roadway Plan - Alternative 1
- Conceptual Roadway Plan - Alternative 2
- Conceptual Roadway Profiles
- Conceptual MOT Plan - Alternative 1
- Conceptual MOT Plan - Alternative 2
- Conceptual Detour Plan
- Project Aerial
Project News and Updates
Public Meeting Scheduled for May 31, 2016
Hunter Mill Supervisor Catherine Hudgins and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation will hold an Open House about the Old Courhouse Road Realiagnment Project on May 31, 2016, at Wolftrap Elementary School, 1903 Beulah Road, Vienna, 7-8:30 p.m., in the cafeteria.
Previously, a community meeting was held on Wednesday, Jan.13. Public comments were accepted through Jan. 29, 2016.
The proposed improvements will realign Old Courthouse Road and raise the roadway to help improve safety and minimize roadway flooding. The project includes roadway reconstruction, new pedestrian/bicycle connection and replacing the substandard culvert with a new structure. The total project length is approximately 1000 feet along Old Courthouse Road and 150 feet along Besley Road. Click on the image below to enlarge.
Tentative Project Schedule
- Design - August 2018
- Advertisement - December 2018
- Construction Completion - May 2020
Estimated Project Cost And Funding
- Engineering Design: $933,600
- Construction: $4.3 million
- Project Funding Source: 2014 Fairfax County Bonds