Old Courthouse Road Realignment Project
- Old Courthouse Road Display Board
- Maintenance of Traffic Plan
- Conceptual Detour Plan
- Conceptual Profile
- Public Comments Summary
- Project Location
Project News and Updates
Public Meeting Held May 31; Public Comments Accepted Through June 14, 2016
Hunter Mill Supervisor Catherine Hudgins and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation held an Open House about the Old Courthouse Road Realiagnment Project on May 31, 2016, at Wolftrap Elementary School, 1903 Beulah Road, Vienna, 7-8:30 p.m., in the cafeteria.
- Old Courthouse Road Public Information Meeting Minutes - May 31, 2016
- Old Courthouse Road at Besley Road Presentation - May 31, 2016
- May 31 Meeting Flyer
Previously, a community meeting was held on Wednesday, Jan.13. Public comments were accepted through Jan. 29, 2016.
The proposed improvements will realign Old Courthouse Road and raise the roadway to help improve safety and minimize roadway flooding. The project includes roadway reconstruction, new pedestrian/bicycle connection and replacing the substandard culvert with a new structure. The total project length is approximately 1000 feet along Old Courthouse Road and 150 feet along Besley Road. Click on the image below to enlarge.
Tentative Project Schedule
- Design - August 2018
- Advertisement - December 2018
- Construction Completion - May 2020
Estimated Project Cost And Funding
- Engineering Design: $933,600
- Construction: $4.3 million
- Project Funding Source: 2014 Fairfax County Bonds