Sleepy Hollow Road Walkway Project
Project News and Updates
Community Meeting Held March 29; Public Comments Due April 10, 2017
Mason District Supervisor Penelope A. Gross and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) hosted a community meeting for the Sleepy Hollow Road Walkway Project on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at 7 p.m., in the Mason District Office Main Community Room, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale. This project will upgrade pedestrian facilities adjacent to Sleepy Hollow Road between Bay Tree Lane and Castle Place.
The following information was presented and discussed at the meeting:
- Sleepy Hollow Road Walkway - March 29, 2017
- Board 1 - Bay Tree Lane to Tansey Drive
- Board 2 - Kennedy Lane to Kerns Drive
- Board 3 - Marlo Drive to Carolyn Drive
- Board 4 - Carolyn Drive to Aspen Lane
- Board 5 - Aspen Lane to Castle Place
Owners of potentially affected properties and other interested parties are invited to review project information and submit comments via the the feedback form on this page; by writing FCDOT at 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400; Fairfax, VA 22033; or by calling 703-877-5600. Public comments are due by the close of business, April 10.
Please use the online submission form on this page or call FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY711, with any questions.
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format or would like to request reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.
The new pedestrian facility will include the following:
- A 2,200 ft. concrete sidewalk along the Eastside of Sleepy Hollow Road between Eppard Street and Aspen Lane.
- A 1,700 ft. concrete sidewalk along the Westside of Sleepy Hollow Road between Marlo Drive and Eppard Street.
- A 500 ft. concrete sidewalk along the Eastside of Sleepy Hollow Road, north of Valley Brook Drive.
- Several pedestrian crossing points of Sleepy Hollow Road will also be upgraded by the project including at Bay Tree Lane, Dearborn Drive, Kennedy Lane, Kerns Road, Eppard Street, Aspen Lane, and Castle Place.
- Other infrastructure improvements related to the project include curb & gutter, curb ramps, driveway entrances, retaining walls, drainage improvements, roadway and signing modifications.