Fairfax County Podcasts
- To listen to a program on your computer, click on the "Listen" link.
- To subscribe to a podcast so that new programs are automatically downloaded to your computer or portable music device, right click "Subscribe," choose "Copy Shortcut," and then paste the address into podcatching program such as iTunes.
- Listen or subscribe directly on iTunes
Listen: May 15
(June 11 Virginia Primary Elections, Lyme Disease, Fairfax County Health Department, Kinship Care, Exceptional Design Award, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Reston Community Center, Older Americans Month) ||(Transcript)
Listen: May 1 (4:29)
(Fairfax County Environmental Excellence Award, National Do Not Call Registry, Chesapeake Bay, Fairfax County Virginia Cooperative Extension) ||(Transcript)
- Subscribe to News to Use Podcast (read directions above)
- News to Use Podcast on Itunes
- Newswire Web Page
Highlights from May 14 (4:39)
(Presentations, Emergency Medical Services Week, Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Public Works Week, Volunteer Fire Commission, TIGER V,VDOT, Silver Line, Cox Communications)||(Transcript)
Highlights from April 30 (5:47)
(Presentations, Adopted FY 2014 Budget, Consolidated Plan One-Year Action Plan, Reston Town Center Parking Reduction, 9-1-1 Improvements, Memo of Understanding w/City of Falls Church)||(Transcript)
- Subscribe to Board of Supervisors Meeting Highlights Podcast (read directions above)
- Board of Supervisors Meetings Podcast on Itunes
- Board of Supervisors Web Page
May 15 (4:31)
(Virginia’s Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday, Grilling Safety, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department, Smartphone Security, Emergency Alerts, CEAN, Fire and EMS Memorial Week) ||(Transcript)
May 1 (5:02)
(Grilling Safety, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, Hurricane Season, Virginia Hurricane Sales Tax Holiday, Arson Awareness Week) ||(Transcript)
- Subscribe to Health and Safety Podcast (read directions above)
- Health and Safety Podcast on Itunes
- Emergency Information Web Page
Listen: May 15 - Sharon Lynn, Fairfax Area Agency on
(May is Older Americans Month, Area Agency on Aging) ||
May 1 - Steve Souder, DPSC (9-1-1 Call Center) (25:44)
(National Public Safety Telecommunications Week) ||
- Subscribe to The County Conversation Podcast (read directions above)
The Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs produces "The County Conversation" podcast discussing programs, services and items of interest to residents with subject matter experts from Fairfax County Government.
The Informed Consumer
The Fairfax County Consumer Affairs Branch produces "The Informed Consumer" podcast.
- The Fairfax County Public Library produces "BookCasts" conversations with authors.
- The Fairfax County Park Authority produces podcasts on a variety of topics.
Services for Older Adults Podcasts
- The Fairfax County Department of Family Services produces "Medicare Moments" podcast.